Notch up the festive glam with StyleSpeak’s favourite party looks for Christmas
It’s that magical time of the year when festivity is in the crisp winter air and Christmas trees twinkle with snowflakes and diamante baubles. Yes, it is time to be merry and put your most fashionable foot forward as Christmas is around the corner! So get ready to indulge in a winter wonderland of fashion and beauty, where the glitz, glamour and magic of the season come together to create breathtaking looks.
StyleSpeak round-up of trending and sassy party looks for this Christmas.
Dazzling in Red
Red is the trending colour every Christmas for kids and adults alike. This year, too, it has set the stage on fire in a dramatic and bold avatar.
- For a sassy look, pair up cherry red lips with soft pink eyelids.
- To add festive sparkle, don some face gems on the inner corners of the eye.
- Highlight cheeks with a hint of pink and accentuate lashes with bold mascara.
Complement this style with sleek-backed hair tied in a low bun or a ponytail, and your client is ready to bring in the Christmas cheer.
Match the magical winter sky with hues of blue and white for the eyes. This frosty eye makeup look feels festive and represents the winter season perfectly.
- Dab icy blue eyeshadow and blend it well from the corner of the eyes towards the outwards. Rub some white eyeshadow on the crease of the lids and silver highlights on the brow bones. Complete the look with eyeliner and mascara.
- Keep the lips and cheeks understated to highlight the colours of the eyes. Wear this look with slightly crimped or waved-out hair.
Revel in Glittering Shine
Gold is the colour of festivity, and what better time to try out this bold hue than Christmas. From flashing a flamboyant look to a more elegant style, gold and glitter can make you look glamorous and stylish for any party.
- Flaunt exaggerated glitter wings for a night do. Create this look with a cream shadow or glitter glue as a base, and using tape to create a sleeker edge. Pat some glitter on the finger and dab it on the lid. Now, pull off the tape and also any stray glitter around the eyes.
Complete this look with a nude or peach lip gloss and highlight the cheeks with a tint of peach and pink.
- For a soft golden glam look, blend in soft gold eyeshadow well to get the sheen without it looking over the top. Follow it up with a bronze shadow that contours the crease well. Use false eyelashes or double mascara to accentuate this look while adding shimmering highlighter on the cheekbones. Keep the lips understated with a nude lip gloss.
- Opt for the antique golden tone for a night party. Use a graphic liner and fill the space with classic golden or bright gold glitter for added glam. Complete this smouldering hot look with contoured cheeks and matt nude lipstick.
Match these bold makeup looks with a chic chignon for an elegant appeal or a fun double French braid plaited together on one side for a casual get-together.
Go Green for a Complete Christmas Vibe
Green and red are Christmas colours, and this year, they are trending in makeup during the festive season.
- Try shimmering emerald eyeshadow to create a masterpiece. Start by blending it from the corners to the outside edges. Smudge some of the colour on the lower lid and line both the lids with dark black liner. Add some false lashes to make the eyes stand out.
- For those wanting a more subtle green look, make a halo of brown above the green hue and the lower lash line. Keep the rest of the makeup simple with a peach or red lip gloss and a well-blended soft pink highlighter on the cheeks.
Pair a short cropped hair with this style for a sizzling hot appeal, and for those with longer tresses, tie up the hair in a loose updo.
Christmas is the perfect time to experiment with festive beauty looks. From classic reds to shimmering greens and enchanting blues, embrace this holiday season with these trending party looks and let the magic flow.
Along with part looks, nails play a important role. Here are few nail looks you should try this party season.