Small acts of sustainability by Moroccanoil leave a mark on the environment
KMoroccanoil has always used the power of its platform to drive positive change in the world. The brand is making sustainability a strategic part of everything it does.Sustainability for Moroccanoil is about continuously improving its practices—across products, operations, and community— and are excited to expand its current efforts.
From green packaging to reduction of excess packaging, Moroccanoil uses recycled content or packaging that can be recycled, thereby reducing the impact on the environment.
- Moroccanoil Treatment comes in glass bottles made of 35% recycled glass
- Color Depositing Masks are sold in tubes made of 50% post-consumer recycled plastic
- Moroccanoil Body™ Soap packaging was transitioned from a glossy box to a 100% recycled paper wrapper
By packing all orders in recycled paper instead of plastic packaging, the brand aims to prevent the use of plastic boutique bags over the next few years. This initiative will help to phase out about 21,000 lbs of plastic every year.
On the operation front, Moroccanoil not only manufactures products but also produces solar power at its primary factory with solar panels on
the roof. This enabled in reducing greenhouse gas emissions.The GHG emissions prevented since 2014 is equivalent to cover 1 million miles driven by a passenger vehicle.
The Human Factor
- Support animal rights: With a commitment to support animal rights, Moroccanoil never tests its products on animals and does not commission third parties to conduct animal testing on its behalf.
- The Humane Society of the US: The brand has been a proud supporter of The Humane Society of the US since 2011, helping them fight against puppy mills, factory farms, trophy hunts, animal testing, and other cruel practices.
- Beauty Changes Lives: Moroccanoil also provides scholarships for beauty professionals in partnership with Beauty Changes Lives, a non-profit organization driven to make beauty profession a first-choice career.
- The Halo Foundation: Inspired by the women campaign, the brand conducts annual clothing drive and provides homeless and at-risk youth with the resources and support they need to start a new life.
For further information visit www.moroccanoil.com