A complete guide on the causes of skin ageing in men and salon treatments that you can recommend
MAs men move from their 20’s to the 40’s and 50’s, the need for appropriate care for the skin is essential to make the skin look and feel healthy. Nobody can stop the process of ageing but with the right skincare routine and treatments, one can prolong the onset of ageing.
In this article, StyleSpeak brings expert insights on the causes and process of ageing in men and the treatments that can be recommended for them.
CAUSES OF AGEING IN MEN
Ageing starts as early as from the late 20’s to early 30’s and the first clear signs are fine lines around the eyes. Ageing is often recognized by dullness, wrinkled and sagging skin. It is highly recommended to start the protection and care for the skin at an early stage to delay the process of ageing. The main reasons of ageing includes:
- Less collagen production
- UV Radiation/ Sunlight
- Hormonal Changes
- Repeated muscle use – stress, frowning
TREATMENTS BY THE SKIN INN
The early signs of ageing and wrinkles can be combatted with anti-ageing treatments. These treatments work towards delaying the process of ageing and making the skin look youthful, radiant and healthy.
Dr Marisa Goel, the Managing Partner of Serena’s, Founder and CEO of The Skin Inn, says, “Ageing is internal as well as external and lifestyle plays an important role. Smoking, diet,
water and environment are deciding factors. Men show the first signs of ageing around the eyes, neck in the form of fine lines as there are no oil-producing glands in this area. The earlier one starts anti-ageing treatments the less one shows their age.” Each area of the body is different and must be treated as such. Below are the anti-ageing treatments recommended for men.
- Facials for hydration
- Mesotherapy – the infusion of products into deeper levels of the skin
- Ultherapy is the non-invasive skin tightening treatment
- Radio frequency or microcurrent can be used to make the skin firm
TREATMENTS BY LAKMÉ SALON
Lakmé Salon offers the top three anti-ageing treatments for men:
- -Dermalogica Proskin 60 Anti-Ageing treatment – Men
The Dermalogica ProSkin 60 brightening treatment will improve skin tone and clarity. The powerful professional-grade products and technology will target the cause of the problem from within, giving a clearer, brighter complexion.
- -Lakmé Youth Infinity Sculpting Facial for Men works wonders for those men who are exposed to daily environmental harshness and want to combat the early signs of ageing or premature ageing effect. The treatment entails natural essential oil for cellular regeneration and anti-ageing benefits, and the moulding masks help re-contour the facial features. It visibly improves skin tone while treating dullness and fine lines.
- -Dermalogica Age Defense Face Fit – Men creates an active antioxidant shield to fight damaging free radicals to improve skin health and defend against the primary causes of skin ageing. Power-packed with multivitamins A, C, E, and F that promote cell renewal and strengthen the skin and natural defenses, it results in a brighter, firmer and more radiant skin.
TREATMENTS BY THE WHITE DOOR
The White Door Salon offers two facials to combat signs of ageing – Hydrating Age-Rewind-In-Chair Facial and Skin essence In-Room Facial
- Hydrating Age-Rewind-In-Chair Facial helps in boosting collagen, minimizes fine lines and reduces inflammation while hydrating the skin.
- Skin essence In-Room Facial is designed with Phytomer to reduce ageing, stress, dehydrated skin and tired eyes. It stimulates circulation, maximizes cell regeneration and re-energizes the skin with vital nutrients.
Skincare is now recognized as self-care, and men today are equally concerned and invested in their grooming and skincare regimen. Ageing has become one of the prime concerns among men and it is important to advise your male clients to look out for early signs of ageing so as to get the right treatment for anti-ageing in the initial stage of the ageing process.