Expert tips on skin and hair care during the times of self-isolation
With countries across the globe trying their best to battle the scare of COVID-19, skincare or beauty is certainly not a subject of priority for anyone. But thinking on the downside of this global pandemic, it’s time to revisit the pages of self-care and wellness to balance the impact on mental and physical health.
Vaijayanti Bhalchandra, Co-Founder, YLG India and Chandni Kamdar, Technical Trainer, John Paul Mitchell Systems India recommend people to return to their beauty routines when it comes to skin and hair care while at home during the lockdown. Your kitchen is a great place for that!
Skin Care Tips by Vaijayanti Bhalchandra
- Set a timetable, follow a daily routine and discipline yourself
- Have 20-60 minutes of physical activity session of yoga, pilates or floor exercises
- Say no to processed food and eat fresh home-cooked food and fruits
- Too much hand washing and use of alcohol-based sanitizers, the hands become dry and flaky. So moisturize at least three times a day
- For chappy skin and lips, apply aloe vera gel and make use of the goodness of turmeric, gram flour and milk to make a face scrub
- Sandalwood-based will work wonders for acne-prone skin
- Stay hydrated
Hair Care Tips by Chandni Kamdar
Haircare at home needs to be as simple as possible. Kitchen ingredients are the most handy and also the best to rid your hair woes off!
- A blend of yogurt, honey, bananas, and eggs makes a great hair mask for healthy hair growth
- Wash and condition your hair, followed by an overnight aloe vera mask mixing it with oils
- For coloured hair, a honey and banana mask works great
- Maintain a regular hair wash routine
Make the most of your quarantine time by focusing on your holistic beauty to ensure you’re charged up post the lockdown period.